- Turn in Picture Me project; be sure to initial form
- Whole class: Finish reading "The Cask ..."
- Continue charting dramatic elements in Interactive Notebook
Be sure to read 15-20 minutes of independent novel per night.
Be sure to submit your Self Reflection rough draft to turnitin.com by 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, 9/6
Be sure to review Quarter 1 important dates, including quiz on 9/7 over course overview and website
- Warm Up #4
- Continue reading and charting Rising Action in "The Cask..." in Interactive Notebook
Reminder that your Picture Me is due tomorrow before school or during class.
Check Quarter 1 link to check all important due dates.
- Warm up #3
- 4 minute Poe biography / YouTube clip
- Continue reading and charting "The Cask..." in Interactive Notebook (Pp. 61-63)
- dramatic element focus: exposition and rising action
- Literary focus: foreshadowing
2 new additions:
Be at least halfway through your novel by 9/14
Quiz over course overview and my website on Wednesday, 9/7
- Novel check and slip (handout)
- Seat coding; turn in; one per table
- Novel discussion / requirements
- Review my website
- Warm Up - Textbook page 58 on page 4 of Interactive Notebook
- Exposition page 5 in Interactive Notebook
- Begin reading first page of "The Cask of Amontillado" (textbook, page 61)
See list of important due dates under link "Quarter 1"
*There will be a quiz over your syllabus and website next week.
- Index cards with name; 2 questions
- Popsicle Sticks with name and period
- Review current due dates and assignments
- Set up Interactive Notebook - Table of Contents, Student Survey (page 1), Warm Up #1 (page 2), Dramatic Chart (page 3)
- Review Dramatic Elements and chart; label
See "Quarter 1- Important Due Dates" tab for upcoming deadlines
* Don't forget to bring in your fiction novel tomorrow!