Language Arts Superstars
Thank you for visiting our Language Art's page for 2nd Grade. We will keep this site updated with any important information, so please check back often.
Upcoming Important Dates for November:
- 11/11/11-Veterans Day NO SCHOOL
- 11/17/11-The Great American Teach In (We have some awesome presentations lined up!)
- 11/21/11-11/25/11-Thanksgiving Break
- 11/29/11- Village Inn & Barnes and Noble Bookfair Night
- 11/30/11-Field Trip to Cracker Country (Please make sure to return your form by 11/28/11)
Here is what we will be working on in November:
Our comprehension focus in November will be making inferences, recognizing cause and effect relationships, gaining information from illustrations and recognizing the main idea in nonfiction text. Out focus in phonics will be long /o/. long /e/, long /u/, and diagraphs
In writing we are continuing to emphasize elaboration. Students will learn to use all five senses when describing a setting or object. We will also focus on using smooth transitions when switching to new ideas in a piece of writing.
CRACKER COUNTRY FIELD TRIP:
On November 30, second grade will visit Cracker Country. Students will spend the day immersed in a rural Florida community of the past. Students will tour a variety of old buildings, dip candles and make a class jump-rope. This will be a fun and educational experience for everyone. If you plan on chaperoning, please make sure you have completed a SERVE form for this year.