This is the place to be for updates, access to class resources, and all the other things you need for an awesome 4th grade year. Parents, please be sure to sign up for Remind and talk about what resources (listed below) you are comfortable with your students accessing independently.
The classblog is a place to practice creating digital work, as well as to display and celebrate all the incredible things that our class is doing throughout the year. We will be posting pieces written by students, as well as thoughts from the teacher. Take a look and check back often for updates! The link is below.
- Khan Academy
- This is one of the best resources out there! Khan Academy offers video lessons on everything from mathematics and science to civics and English topics. It can help you with homework or let you learn new things that we might not be talking about in class. We will probably use it in class as well.
- This is a site we will use for a few quizzes (don't worry- they aren't pop quizzes!)
- A class with quizzes and no games wouldn't be much fun. Kahoot allows us to play in-class or online learning games, and you are sure to see it used quite a bit this year!
- This is a site that allows you to create your own flashcards and learning games. It also shares flashcards and games that have been created by other users. I have linked you to one on fractions so that you can see what the site offers.
- This is an amazing science podcast for curious kids! I love to listen to it and learn all about new discoveries and fascinating issues.
- This is the best way to contact me: please sign up! You will need a cell phone number and/or an email address. If there is any difficulty with this, please contact me in whatever way works best so that we can arrange an alternative.
- This is what I sometimes use to arrange meeting times- I hope it helps streamline the process for you.