Chapter: Dear Lord, B.J’s Prayer
Vocabulary: Complete in your Word Study Notebook:
- Stunted, vices, infinite, wisdom, outrageous
Comprehension Questions: Complete in your Reading Notebook
- How does the death of Robbie Washington affect B.J? Why does it effect him that way?
- Does B.J feel guilty about Robbie’s death and why?
- Why does B.J. not drink?
- What is the setting of the story?
Chapter: My Most Frightening Moment
- In your notebooks add to the chart about Rhonda’s emotions.
- Next, describe how she expresses through her writing for her assignment how she is feeling.
- What is the setting of the story, does it have an impact on Rhonda’s feelings?
Chapter: The Hazelwood Herald
Vocabulary (word study notebooks)
- Memorium, international, vast, undignified, fatalities, accustomed, forfeit
Comprehension Questions: (to be completed in your reading notebooks)
- What is the main focus of the Hazelwood Herald?
- Look under Editorial Comments, what was the main idea of this section? What was the purpose for the writer to write this?
- Look under on Giving Thanks, why does the author feel we should give thanks?
- Look under Sports Scene, what did the Hazelwood Tigers do for the best next two games? Why do you think they did this?
- Who was named captain after Robbie Washington’s death? Why do you think this was? How do you think that person feels? (think about his role in Robbie’s life)
- Read Teacher of the Week, who is Mark Ripley? What is his role in the student’s lives?