- you will get new vocabulary words weekly; you will get new words after your test.
- you should study a new word every day; review the older words nightly
- keep your vocabulary cards in your binders so that you may study at home and at school
- remember that vocabulary flashcards are due every Tuesday
- Vocabulary tests are every Monday
- Tests will not be multiple choice, fill in the blank; instead they will be mostly context clues, synonyms, antonyms
- You may retake any test that you make below a 70.
- Tests are cumulative; they will have words from previous weeks.
Vocabulary Words for the Second Six Weeks (October 3 -November 11)
|Week 1||Week 2||Week 3||Week 4||Week 5||Week 6|
No NEW VOCABULARY WORDS
CONTINUE TO STUDY WORDS ALREADY HAVE
Monday - District Writing Benchmark -no new words
I was absent on Monday (10/31/2011)no new words
|Roots and Prefixes|
|from: What Do You Know About Sharks||from: The Monsters are due on Maple Street|
Assigned October 3, 2011
Flashcards due October 4, 2011
Assigned October 17
Flashcards due October 18
|Test October 10, 2011||Test October 25, 2011||
Test on November 2, 2011