I am excited to be your 3rd grade teacher. It's going to be a wonderful year full of new adventures, friends and new discoveries. This is my first year of teaching and I am excited to start my new journey! Let's make this a year to remember!
In the Classroom, Behavior Expectations:
We will have classroom behavior expectations. I will be going over these at the beginning of the year and I will hold the expectations till the end of the year. If a student does not follow the classroom expectations he/she will be written up and a copy will be sent with the student for the parent to notice thier childs behavior. These expecatations are bellow:
- Entering Classroom in a respectful manner
- Sitting down quietly/with backpacks on the back of the chair
- Supplies ready for assignments
- Hands and feet in appropriate areas
- Vocabulary Practice Online (Digital Citizenship)
**These are likley to change, once the students get the hang of it and need to work on something else I will update it and post the new expecatations above.**
1. Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
2. Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
3. Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
4. Model with mathematics.
5. Use appropirate tools strategically.
6. Attend to precision.
7. Look for and make use of structure.
8. Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
You may also look at other subjects at "azed.gov." I have provided the link below where I have retrieved my information from:
(I will be in my classroom at 7AM & after school till 5PM, your child is more than welcome to come in and get extra help.)
- Additional Help:
- If a student needs help with homework
- Wants to understand why they made what they did
- Needs to study for a test
- Late work:
- Every day that an assignment is late I will automatically deduct 20% of their grade.
- The student will also be put in tutorials, depending on the situation.
- Extra Credit
- There will be certain documents and time periods that I will allow students to earn extra credit.
- Grade Checks
- There will be grade checks every 6 weeks for a grade report. (What the school requires)
(Student is tardy to class if they are not in the classroom door when the bell starts to ring.)
Once your student gets ___ it will then count as we absence and they will be sent to the office with an Office Referral. (This will be up to the school/district standards.)
Rules & Consequences:
- Respect all students, teachers and property.
- No food/drinks
- No cell phones
- Arrive with necessary materials
- Follow rules & participate in class.
**If students do not follow these rules they will be sent to the office with a refferal.**
Expectations for Homework each night:
Students will have homework eachnight besides Thursdays and Fridays.
- Students are expected to finish ALL work by the time they step into my classroom.
- All answers should be answered with an explanation as to why they chose what they did.
- Work must be completely done not partically.
- Parents must sign the bottom left of homework sheet; makes sure they worked on it at home.
Grading system will depend on requirements.
A (Excellent)- 90-100
B (Good)- 80- 89
C (Average)- 70-79
D (Poor)- 60- 69
F (Fail)- 59-0
I (Incomplete)- Student did not turn in their assignment.
The reward system that I will be doing is going to be a color coded paper that each student has with smiley faces. There will be smiley faces to describe how the student acted for the day and will be colored in with a color code. For instance, if the student was great I will color in the happy face with green. If the student was misbehaving and was sent to the office, a sad face with red will be colored in. At the end of the week the students who have all green smiley faces will get to pick a reward from the reward bucket. I will take up the sheets and document them in a locked cabinet for parent refrence. Students will have to show their parents their sheet each night and get it initaled.
- Goal Setting
- Test Taking
- Note Taking
- Problem Solving