This week we will practice four new letters. They are p r s v.
- p has one sound, but no voice, lips pop and blow out air.
- r as a pirate says arrrrrhh.
- s has two sounds, s as in snake, and s as in his. (Like z)
- v one sound as in vvvvvacuum.
(Please use your phonogram practice sheet to work with your children.)
We will practice writing the number 6, and will do our art projects and shape book for 6.
6. With a curve and a loop there are no tricks, that's the way to make a 6.
We continue with patterns AB,ABBA, ABCABC, shapes, colors, and concepts of big, bigger, biggest, which takes longer (ex. zip a jacket or tie shoes).
This week our whole group reading books will be about pumpkins. We look forward to hearing:
- Apples and Pumpkins--Anne Rockwell
- Picking Apples and Pumpkins--Amy Hutchings
- The Runaway Pumpkin--Kevin Lewis
- The Pumpkin Book--Gail Gibbons
- The Pumpkin Patch--Elizabeth King
- The Biggest Pumpkin Ever--Steven Kroll
- There was an Old Lady Who Wasn't Afraid of Anything--Linda Williams
Our science project will be to scoop out the seeds of a pumkin and carve a face. The teacher will take the seeds home and prepare them for the class to sample dried pumpkin seeds at our autumn party next week.