- We will be focusing this month on multiplication using 10, 11, and 12. Each Friday I will give students a timed multiplication drill. This will include about thirty multiplication problems and by doing this weekly, it will help strengthen their multiplication skills to get them ready for division.
- We will also be introducing prealgebra this semester by using multiplication with an unknown variable. This will not be part of their weekly drills.
- Towards the end of this month, I will be introducing fractions as part of a unit and they will learn fractions models to represent parts of a whole. This will be fun!
- Student will analyze and compare properties of two-demensional shapes.
ELA (English Language Arts)
- We will be learning the functions of nouns, pronouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs. We will learn how they work in sentences of all kinds.
- We will also be learning the form and use of regular and irregular plural nounds, verbs, and abstract nouns.
- We will learn proper punctuation and spelling when writing.
- Informational writing and opinion writing.
- Vocabulary quizes every other Friday.
- I will be teaching students how to write neatly and correctly.
- I will also be teaching them how to write in cursive. We will have a paragraph due every Wednesday written in cursive.
- Neatness Counts!!
- We will be studying motion and factors that affect motion.
- We will understand properties and structures of matter before and after they undergo change.
- We will recognize how energy can be transferred from one object to another.
- Social studies we will learn movement around the world. How geographic features around the world impact the movement of goods.
- We will study why people exchange goods with other countries.
- We will learn about distinguishing between needs and wants.
Specials Classes Include:
Spanish, P.E., Music, STEAM, Art, and Library.