Welcome to Mr. Herzberg's ELA 5th Grade Page
Questions, comments, or concerns? E-Mail me or Call me! Cherzberg@olpschool.us
803-279-8396 Between 8am-330pm M-F
Draw a circle around the correct preposition in parentheses in the exercises below: (A) Place or Position or Direction
1. Do you live (at, on) Bay Street (in, on) Newport?
2. I hung the picture (above, on) the fireplace.
3. She walked (in, into) the kitchen and put her packages (on, over) the table. 4. Is Jane (at, in) home? No, she is (on, at) the library.
5. Mary is sitting (in, on) the sofa (at, in) the living room.
6. Michigan is situated (in, between) Lake Michigan and Lake Huron.
7. While waiting for my train, I took a walk (around, across) the station.
8. A formation of twelve airplanes flew (over, on top of) our house.
9. The artist spends many hours (in, on) his studio (on, at) 50 Charles Street.
10. John found a note pinned (in, on) his door which said: “Meet me (at, in) the corner of Pine and Fifth Streets.”
11. The Blake family lives (at, on) Third Street (in, on) Cleveland, Ohio.
12. Don’t forget to put your return address (in, on) the envelope