Be safe, and have a blessed summer!
Please stay in touch. I miss all of you!
RESOURCES to Click and Search:
|New D I C T I O N A R Y & Thesaurus with sound|
|Safe online S E A R C H Duck-Duck-Go|
|B I B L E search|
|E N C Y C L O P E D I A Britannica|
|Kid Explorers Devotion & Coloring Pages|
► AGENDA? Yes! You should have your agendas at home, and it's good to have a similar routine, so let's start each day with writing in your agenda. Write down the items you're doing each day from your Work Packet that was picked up from school.
*READING LOG? Yes, but it's a little different. Click this link to see the new Reading Log. I will also email it to your parents. Reading logs are due each Monday as usual. click here for Reading Log
For the written activities you do on this site, just plan on using your notebook paper. To show me activities that you complete, a parent could simply snap a picture to send to me, or items can be emailed to me: NKBBMB98@COX.NET
• You will get to take road trip again, so you may want to learn some fun facts: Watch FUNKY FACTS video.
1. Math Protractor Worksheet: Click PROTRACTOR Video for Math.
2. REMEMBER to bring back all work and textbooks to school tomorrow 5/13/
3. Yes, practice, but no, you don't have to say your memory verse to me Friday 5/15.
1. Watch Video for Science, then make your family a Tornado Safety Checklist: Click Science 1 min. Video Tornado Safety
2. Something fun for you: Sunday fun sheets
1. "So faith comes from hearing and hearing through the word of Christ." Romans 10:17 (Tell me your verse today).
2. Your class ZOOM meeting is today (5/8) at 1:30.
3. Show Mom you love her; make a Mother's Day card (construction paper in your packet). There's extra so you can also make a card for Dad in June. Father's Day is June 21, 2020.
4. Enjoy a song... Click SONG and sing along...!
1. Watch common denominator VIDEO, then do "Review Comparing Fractions" worksheet. Click COMMON DENOMINATOR Video.
1. Watch video on prepositions, then do Grammar wb 179; Click PREPOSITIONS Video.
1. Watch Science VIDEO: Click VIDEO Natural Resource includes Rocks.
1. Social Studies-National Parks in the West. Click WATCH National Parks.
2. Practice for Friday, May 8: “So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.” Romans 10:1
1. Watch Video before doing Grammar wb 191 today. Click Video "Understanding ADVERBS."
1. RELIGION CLASS - Watch Video Song: Click "Watching Over You," and sing along!
2. Enrichment: Typing (If all your work is done, you may practice typing for fun. CLICK fun typing Level 2 Lesson #4.
1. Review Fractions VIDEO you watched 4/24, then read "New Concepts" math book p. 446-448, and do Lesson Practice A-F on paper. Click FRACTIONAL PARTS Video.
2. I've emailed invitations to the 4th Grade ZOOM class meeting for Friday (5/1). If parents don't see it, make sure they let me know by Thursday.
1. WATCH the video song, then do today's assignment. (Write 2 paragraphs about a new place you'd like to visit and tell why) Click VIDEO Writing SONG.
1. MATH: Review this video again from Friday CLICK "Fractional Parts of a Group"; do "Reteaching 70 Worksheet" for today.
2. If you did not do your Bible verse Friday, please let me know you memorized it.
� ALL OF YOU ARE DOING A G R E A T JOB! If you like cute pandas, here's a video: PANDA video 12 min.
1. MATH: Watch video twice, and do all 3 examples on notebook paper...CLICK "Fractional Parts of a Group."
2. ZOOM meeting 1:30 today. Tell us about a "KINDNESS" you witnessed. It could be you or someone else that's shown kindness, or someone you read about, saw on TV, or in a movie you watched. Share from your heart.
1. SCIENCE: Write down 5 or more things you learn about Rocks & Mineral Formations...WATCH Rocks & Mineral Formations!
2. Notice something "KIND" this week to tell us about at Friday's ZOOM meeting! It can be you or someone else that's showing kindness, or someone you read about, saw on TV, or in a movie you watched.
� 1. Luther's MORNING PRAYER: "I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen.
2. I have emailed invitations to your ZOOM class meeting for Friday (4/24). If parents don't see it, make sure they let me know by Thursday.
1. MATH today is multiplying by 2 digits after you watch the video: Click Turtle Math Method video!
2. April Meteor Shower (The Lyrid), is usually active between April 16 to 25th each year, and most active around now. Click Interactive Live METEOR SHOWER SKY MAP to watch.
1. Parents should get the Zoom meeting invitation Wednesday afternoon, and if they don't see it, let me know by Thursday. Notice something "KIND" this week to tell us about at Friday's ZOOM meeting! It can be you or someone else that's showing kindness.
2. Your memory verse Test for Friday, April 24: “For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.” 1 Corinthians 1:18
3. What do you think about these ROBOTS? Click "ROBOTS" for Current Events. For Social Studies, write five things to ask about these Robots after watching the video.
1. Be sure you say your Bible verse for today's memory work grade. Here are the rest of the verses for the remainder of the school year:
April 24: “For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.” 1 Corinthians 1:18
May 1: “You were ransomed…not with perishable things such as silver or gold, but with the precious blood of Christ.” 1 Peter 1:18-19
May 8: “So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.” Romans 10:1
May 15: “For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.” 2 Timothy 1:6-7
1. For MATH practice today, do you know any good math games to play?
2. Science & Bible: CLICK: What can an ANT teach you? Read to find the answer.
•Joke of the day: What do you call a grizzly with no teeth? (A gummy bear).
1. Language: CLICK SchoolHouse Rock ADVERBS video
2. ZOOM meeting invitations were emailed this afteroon for Friday.
4/13/20 Monday & 4/14/20 Tuesday
1. Religion: Learn memory verse Isaiah 53:5 "...And with his stripes we are healed." Be sure to let your teacher know you've memorized your verse Friday, April 17th for a grade.
2. A butterfly 1 minute video... CLICK Butterfly video for social studies.
3. Science... CLICK to choose a NASA video..
4/10/20 GOOD Friday
1. It was so good to see and talk with you on Zoom today. We plan to meet again next Friday at the same time, 1:30. Your parents will get the email invitation about Wednesday.
2. Resurrection Eggs? WATCH!
3. I pray that you have a blessed Easter. He is risen!
4/8 - 4/9/20 Wednesday & Thursday
1. MATH (see agenda for 4/9), first watch the video CLICK 6 min. MATH Similar & Congruent then answer the 4 questions you see on your Assignments Agenda.
2. Remember Resurrection Eggs? WATCH THIS!
3. Your Student Zoom meet invitation has been emailed to parents for Friday. It will be short, just to see classmates and say, "Hello!"
HUMILITY is happy to do what pride will not. The humble heart is quick to acknowledge the need for God, eager to confess sin, willing to kneel before heaven’s mighty hand.
God has a special place for the humble of heart.
Mrs. Cage has announcements for 4/9...CLICK and watch. Can you guess what room she's in at school?
1. For safety, staff will be wearing gloves and masks tomorrow (Wed. 4/8 from 11:00 am to around 1:30 pm), when parents drive up to drop off work and pick up the sacks that will have student supply boxes, math, reading, and spelling books, and work packets to do for April 8-14th. To those who have requested work packets to be emailed to them and have been emailing and texting their work to me, I will also email the new assignments to them on April 8th.
2. Good News! I am planning to set up a secure ZOOM MEEETING for students to see and say hello to each other. The Zoom app will need to be on the computer or phone you will use for this on Friday, April 10th. An email invitation link will be sent to click on and join. More directions will be included with that email. If you use a tablet, it will need to have the mic and camera; not all tablets have those features.
3. Because YOU are special: Click for Fun Activities for Kids.
1. Please watch 2 min: CLICK Palm Sunday video/song Religion Class.
2. Watch the Honor Roll Assembly by your teachers. (Keep watching, it's just after the morning announcements by Mrs. Cage: Click Here - HONOR ROLL STUDENTS-Teachers announce 3rd quarter
3. (Let me know you've memorized your verse.) Memory verse for test on Friday (4/3/20) is "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him and him with Me." Revelation 3:20
? If you didn't do this Social Studies lesson yesterday, it's here for you to do Friday...• Watch 3 min. SCHOOL HOUSE ROCK, "3 Branches of Government"...Click BRANCHES OF GOVERNMENT (This is a participation grade for Social Studies. Now, WRITE the three branches you hear in the video and show them to me, along with what you remember about each branch and what it does).
• Reading Logs due Monday.
• Play States/Capitals Game... Click States & Capitals Game (How many can you get right?)
• Reading Logs due Monday.
• Play States/Capitals Game... Click States & Capitals Game (How many can you get right?)
• Memory verse for test on Friday (4/3/20) is "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him and him with Me." Revelation 3:20 (Let me know you've memorized your verse.)
• Watch 3 min. SCHOOL HOUSE ROCK, "3 Branches of Government"...Click BRANCHES OF GOVERNMENT (This is a participation grade for Social Studies, so WRITE the three branches you hear in the video and show them to me. Do you remember what each branch does?
• REPORT CARDS for 3rd quarter are being emailed this morning!
• GOOD NEWS! You may count the reading you've been doing for assignments on your "NEW" READING LOG FORM. These are due on MONDAYS. (See below if you don't have a Reading Log Form). These can be emailed or returned to school with completed work packets.
• HELP below for Religion workbook pages:
- Religion WB page 129 (click on BIBLE in the table below, then search for 2 Timothy 1:9 to answer the first 3 blanks. For the next 4 answers, what would did John the Baptist tell anyone who are sinning to do (Keep sinning OR repent)?
- Religion WB page 130 (click on BIBLE and search the verses in your wb to find the answers for 1, 2, and 3. On religion page 130, temptation 2, Satan tried to appeal to Jesus’ desire to take the easy way out. Temptation 3 was for adventure, popularity and fame.
For REVIEW at the bottom, look up the word temptation in the DICTIONARY below.
- Religion WB 134: to fill in the blanks, use these vocabulary words that can be used more than once (all, nature, divine, human).
3/27/2020 Friday Options
• For your MEMORY VERSE TEST today, so I can give you a grade, please check with parents first, then either:
Option 1. Call my home landline number (715-2820) to tell me your Bible verse. If you call and I'm unable to answer, just leave a message saying your name first then your verse.
Option 2. Say it to a parent who can then text or email to let me know you said it.
Then I can then give you a grade as usual.
If you don't have the verse, look at the bottom of this page to review/memorize it.
• For FUN, watch the third EXPERIMENT, Walking Rainbow: Click & watch experiment
• View and participate in pledges this morning: Click and pledge/pray
• Watch the second Weather Experiment: Cloud in a Jar...Click Experiment Video and enjoy!
• Thank you for sending pictures to me! I love it...keep them coming.
• COMING SOON...I will record the readings of our Religion devotions as I read them to you in class. (This evening or Friday).
• Watch cool 4 minute Weather Experiment from ch 4. Click here WEATHER LAB with Emily & Damien
• Write in your AGENDA all the work you're doing each day here online and from your WORK PACKET that was picked up from school on 3/24/20.
• Want something to color? Click for color sheet Jesus Being Baptized
When you get your work packet, please read the letter I wrote to you before you begin. Use the resource table below to research your state report, look up words in the dictionary or thesaurus, read/find Bible verses and more.
As promised, here is John The Baptist video. John the Baptist Video (5 min.)
Agenda 3/23/2020 Monday
1. ENRICHMENT: Click link to page 185 for "Spacecraft" to do questions #1-8 on your notebook paper. Then write those 8 words in your agenda in cursive (satellite, space shuttle, galaxy, astronaut, orbit, gravity, capsule, booster).
2. MATH Youtube division song CLICK to watch division song. Now, divide 3,798 by 4. Show your work.
3. Check outside each day this week to observe and record the weather. How many days were sunny, rainy, cooler, warmer at your house? Do you know the temperature? Can you take a photo doing this?
3. For tomorrow, be thinking of the western state or states you want to begin a report on.
4. Bible story John the Baptist. Read Luke 3:1-10. Tomorrow you will get the video .
This Week’s Bible Memory: Fri. March 27: “But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.” Matthew 6:33