• First, the children will learn the purpose of classroom rules and develop the idea that our classroom is a community with the common purpose of learning, growing and becoming friends. Our classroom rules will protect each student’s right to safety and respect, as well as, outlining the responsibilities that each child has in maintaining class order. Here are the rules that each child will have to follow in the classroom:
1. Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
2. Always raise your hand and ask permission to do something.
3. Treat others with kindness.
4. Follow directions
• The second facet of the discipline plan includes the logical consequences that will occur when class rules are broken. Examples of logical consequences include:
1st time: Warning
2nd time: Time out
3rd time: Time off recess/Parent contact
4th time: Office referral
• Finally, (since we all like treats) your child will be rewarded through the following items:
• treasure box
• Free recess time coupon
• Small toys
2. Marble Jar (every time they receive a compliment, could be individual or as a class, they will receive a marble. When the marble jar is full they will receive a popcorn/movie party.
3. Positive feedback.