- May 5th - Cinco De Mayo/Progress Reports come home
- May 8th - HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
- May 13th - Early Release Day at 1:00
- May 27th - May 30th - No School/Memorial Day Holiday
- Claire Hollar - May 12th
- Matthew Peterson - May 29th
Swinging Into Our Studies:
- Geometry - 2D and 3D shapes - Polygons, quadralaterals - Congruent and Symmetrical figures - Transformations (flips, slides, and turns).
- Author's as Mentors - Looking at how an author uses various techniques to make his/her writing stronger.
- Word Works - Practicing Word Wall Words(WWW)
- Focusing on:
- Spelling our WWW correctly
- Adding detail
- Staying on Topic
- Life Cycles - Looking at the life cycle of a butterfly and how it relates to other life cycles.
- Novel Studies -Reading/Comprehending, making inferences, drawing conclusions, comparing/contrasting, and describing new concepts in own words.
- Drama - Reader's Theatre - Narrator, setting, plot, etc.
A Note from the Teacher:I hope you all have a fabulous Mother's Day and I look forward to finishing out the last full month of the school year with these fabulous students!