I have very high expectations for behavior in my classroom, and I do not expect it to be an issue.
We have 5 easily remembered rules in our classroom.
1. Follow directions quickly.
2. Raise your hand for permission to speak.
3. Raise your hand for permission to leave your seat.
4. Make smart choices.
5. Keep your dear teacher happy!
in addition ...I can't... yet!
We have developed a Class social Contract which each student has signed. This helps us to remember how we have agreed to treat each other in our class.
Also please read the handbook regarding the uniform code. If your child does not follow the uniform code, you will be notified and/or may be called to bring in the necessary items. The student could lose privileges and/or have an in-school detention if the violations continue.
We believe that homework is necessary for practicing skills that have been learned or for enriching the classroom experience. It should take about 60-90 min. in most cases to complete. Should your child take longer than that on a regular basis, please contact the teacher. With Arabic and Islam teachers, there may be days occasionally where there is a heavier load than others, but we will try our best to work with each other to avoid this as much as possible. We expect all homework to be turned in on time. As a general rule, late assignments will not be accepted or graded. However, students will have the opportunity to earn "homework passes" throughout the year. A homework pass can be used in the place of some assignments, or may be used to extend an assignment's due date (one day per homework pass.) We encourage students to save their homework passes in case they forget an assignment or have a legitimate situation which prevents them from completing their work. Students will not be allowed to call home if they forget their work. Organization is the key to success!Students will be given a homework grade based on whether or not homework is completed. Students who complete all homework will receive a "100" to average in with their other grades for that subject. Those who do not complete all assignments will be graded accordingly. Homework grades will count toward the final grade.Homework assignments are written on the board, including those from the other teachers, each day. They will be copied into their notebooks each night so you can check to see that homework is being completed. Please sign the homework notebook each night.Students are responsible for the textbooks and other belongs.
1. We will ask you (parents/guardians) to sign all weekly progress reports.
2. Spelling/vocabulary tests are every other Thursday.
3. Every Sunday we will assign spelling homework that will be due on Wednesday.
4. Math Workbook will go home daily (except Thursdays)
5. We will try not to assign homework on the weekends (although studying for some tests and completing projects may be required.)
6. Students are required to read for a minimum of 15 minutes per night.