Nine Types of Adaptations and Modifications
- Child will simply evaluate 4 numbers. This will be fewer than the other students.
- The child will identify 1 property of rational numbers.
- Child will identify 1 property of irrational numbers.
- Warm Up will have more time because child will have fewer questions
- LD Students will have more time with rational numbers because they have fewer questions.
- LD Students will have additional time with irrational numbers because they will have fewer numbers to define.
Level of Support
- LD child will have more support with assistance from teacher assistant.
- LD child will have more support with additional assistance from peer student.
- LD child can have assistance from teacher.
- LD will not have work at the same level.
- LD child will have number with fewer digits.
- LD will have rules sitting before him or her to assist with understanding
- LD child will have a chart
- LD will have enlarged visual aids
- LD child will have been given a learning chart prior at the beginning of the unit
- LD will be able to point at answer and then answer aloud
- Instead of answering aloud the LD child can write in a spiral for teacher or TA
- LD will be able to complete similar chart
- As mentioned previously, the participation can be through writing
- Participation can be demonstrated with the warm up information that was written
- Participation can be accomplished through the writing
- Student should be able to understand that there are different types of numbers.
- Students can now identify natural numbers
- Ensure that student can master whole brain examples of whole numbers.
- Student will identify number vs. symbol (Pi) or letters
- Student understands natural number and whole brain examples
- Student identifies fractions