My Pyramid…..My Healthy Food Plan
Goal: To have the students develop a useful understanding of the recommended food groups and create a plan for incorporating 6 new healthy foods into their diets and 60 minutes of moderate activities on most days of the week into their lifestyle using the USDA food pyramid website and supporting materials.
- Choose 3 new healthy foods (from different food groups) to try over the course of each week for a two week period.
- Choose activities to achieve 60 minutes of moderate activity on at least 4 days each week for a two week period.
- Identify the food groups their choices come from.
- Identify the duration and frequency of their activities.
- Share choices with parents to gain approval/support.
- Track food and activity choices on a daily basis for two weeks using worksheet. (handed in daily)
- Enhance knowledge through playing the MyPyramid Blast Off Game on the website. (optional with raffle ticket reward for participating)
- At the end of the two weeks, work in small groups to discuss the differences in each others choices.
Time Frame: Jan 4th - Introduction and set up Jan 4th - Jan 17th - Daily tracking homework Jan 19th - Wrap Up: group share and discussion.
Materials & Resources Being Used: