Welcome to First Grade!
I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you and your child to first grade. I am sure you are as excited as I am to begin the new year. Together, with your help, we can make this a wonderful year.
The following is a list of things you can do to help us get off to a great beginning:
- Every student needs to bring in the supplies from the list.
- Students are not allowed to bring toys to school. Please make sure your child keeps toys at home! If I have to take a toy from a student, I will label it with their name and put it away until the end of the year. Parents may pick up the toy at anytime.
- Please let me know if your child has any special needs or allergies.
- If your child is going home from school a different way than usual, a note from home is required before we can make the change. Please inform the office and teacher who is picking them up or what bus or change is made.
- Please check your child's folder each night. Students will have homework each night. Please initial your child's homework folder each day so that I know you have reviewed your child’s work. Keep at home all papers on the side marked (Keep at Home), and send back signed all papers on the side marked (Bring Back to School.)
Thank you in advance for your support. Please feel free to send a note or contact me by phone 854-5260, or email (email@example.com) as needed. I feel that communication between us is very important!