Dear Students, Parents, and Guardians,
At State Elementary School we believe in order to have a successful school year communication is key. If you have any questions or concerns you can contact me or any of the school staff shown below:
Principal - Mrs. Peterson: (630) 435-2772
- If you have any questions or concerns about school you can call your schools principal Mrs. Peterson.
Assistant Principal - Mr. Smiley: (630) 435-2773
- If you have any questions or concerns about school you can call your assistant principal Mr. Smiley.
School Office: (630) 435-2774
- Please call the office if your child is going to be late or absent so that we know that your child is safe.
- They will also be glad to assist you with any directions to room locations.
First Grade Classroom Aides: Mrs. Pink, Mrs. Brent, Mrs. Williams, and Mrs. Green
- These Aides will be rotating in and out of all the first grade classrooms throughout the school year.
- Aides in our classroom will assist your child in any way they can.
- The classroom aides and I work together as a team so that everyone is on the same page and to make sure no students get left behind.
School Nurse - Mrs. Tree: (630) 435-2775
- If your child is sick Mrs. Tree will be there to help them feel better.
- Please let Mrs. Tree know if your child has any allergies or other medical conditions the school should know about.
- Please also contact Mrs. Tree if your child needs to take any medications throughout the school day.
- Mrs. Tree and I work together to keep your child healthy and safe.
School Social Worker - Mr. Beam: (630) 435-2777
- If your child needs to talk Mr. Beam is here is listen.
- Mr. Beam is available to all students and parents.
Special Education Coordinator - Mr. Friend: (630) 435-2778
- If your child has a disability or learning need Mr. Friend will assist you with anything you need.
- Mr. Friend and I are here for you and your child and we will do whatever we can to help your child be as successful as they can be.
Special Education Aides for 1st grade: Mrs. Back, Mrs, Harper, Mrs. Hip, and Mrs. Vase
- All students in the special education program will be paired with a special education aide.
- All special education aides will work with your child to help them in whatever ways they can.
- The special education aides and I work together as a team so that everyone is on the same page and to make sure no students get left behind.
Physical Therapist - Ms. Hannigan (630) 435-2779
- If you child requires physical therapy Ms. Hannigan will be there to work side by side with your child.
- Ms. Hannigan will work out a personal schedule with each child so that they receive all the individualized support that they need.
Occupational Therapist - Mrs. Dufrane (630) 435- 2710
- If you child requires Occupational therapy Mrs. Dufrane will be there to work side by side with your child.
- Mrs. Dufrane will work out a personal schedule with each child so that they receive all the individulized support that they need.
ESL Teacher - Mrs. Meitz: (630) 435-2711
- For students who need extra help with english as a second language, Mrs. Meits is here to help.
LRC Director and Assistance - Mrs. Maps and Volunteers: (630) 435 - 2712
- Mrs. Maps will coordinate with all teachers when there classes can come down to the library.
- Mrs. Maps will help you and your child find any library materials you need.
Before and after school tutors:
- Volunteer teacher will be available for tutoring before and after school during the school year.
- For more information please contact your child's teacher or Mrs. Maps the LRC Director.