FAQ ~ Possible Bonus Assignments
This page will answer questions commonly asked by students and parents.
BONUS ~ Test Review Assignment
The "test review assignment" is a bonus assignment that is due on the test day of each unit. The students can earn up to 5% bonus in the test category for each of these assignments. (ie. a student could theoretically receive a 105% on a test if they completed the test review assignment).
The "test review assignment" is to be completed in the student's composition notebook (NOT on loose leaf paper).
The assignment consists of three sections:
- Vocabulary & Definitions ~ The student needs to copy all of the vocabulary for the chapter(s) and define each of the terms.
- Equations ~ The student needs to copy all of the equations from the chapter(s). These are usually found in blue or brown boxes within the chapter(s).
- Sample Problems ~ The student needs to copy all of the sample problems from the chapter(s). This INCLUDES:
- the question
- the text explanation of how to do the problem
- the work to solve the problem
- the calculator solution
- tips, figures/ diagrams, etc.
BONUS ~ County Mini-Assessments
The Mini-Assessments are short, targeted quizzes developed around individual Next Generation Sunshine State Standard Benchmarks or clusters of similar benchmarks. They are designed to be used following instruction on the benchmarks to determine the level of mastery. These assessments will be continually monitored for improvement.
There are a total of six County Mini-Assessments for the course of the year. Three will be given during the first semester and three will be given during the second semester. There are 15 questions on each of the County Minis and each question that you get correct will count as a bonus point in the "Formal Quiz" category of your grades.