Girls Who Code is national non-profit working to close the gender gap in technology. The program is designed to inspire, educate, and equip young women with the skills to pursue careers in technology fields.
Whether you're new to computing or looking to expand your existing skills, Girls Who Code at Barbara Goleman has a program for you.
Girls Who Code is an extracurricular club for high school girls that teaches participants about computer science in a fun and safe environment! The club serves as a safe place for girls to spend time together, learning about computer science and building their confidence. Clubs provides participants with a sisterhood of supportive peers and role models, and an opportunity to use their skills to positively impact their community.
What can you learn with Girls Who Code?
- Barbara Goleman ~ Girls Who Code Remind Group
- The club will run during the academic year, September through May.
- The club will be led by Mrs. Ruiz-Houston using curriculum provided by Girls Who Code on their web-based learning platform.
- Participants will be required to create a free online account as part of participation in this program.
- Meetings will be held twice a month on Wednesday afternoons from 2:30 - 3:45 pm.
Please stop by Room 8-211 or speak to Mrs. Ruiz-Houston for additional information.