I Can Spell!
Here is a list of creative ways to practice your spelling words! Have fun!
- Take an oral practice test.
- Take a written practice test.
- Make up sentences using the words.
- Use clay or play dough to make letters to spell your words.
- Smooth out shave cream, sand, or flour to spell your words.
- Write your words using rainbow spelling (a different crayon for every letter)
- Put your words in alphabetical order.
- Dribble a ball or jump rope while spelling your words.
- Write your spelling words five times each.
- Tape record yourself spelling your words.
- Fingerspell your words to an adult
- Write your words on someone’s back with your finger.
- Write your words on a chalkboard or with sidewalk chalk.
- Cut out letters from magazines or newspapers to spell your words.
- Use magnet letters to spell your words.
- Use pipe cleaners to make the letters you need to spell your words.
- Use a typewriter or computer to type your spelling words.
- Use alphabet cereal to spell each spelling word.
- Write a story. Try to use all of the spelling words.
Use pieces of yarn to form each of the letters to spell your words.