Phonemic Awareness Skills:
- Recognizing rhyming words
- Producing rhyming words
- Reading words that end with: -am, -at
- Sam, ram, Pam, ham, jam
- sat, rat, mat, pat, hat
High Frequency Words:
- New word: to
- Review words: I, the, go, my, a
Suggestions for Practice at Home:
- This is a great time to use those magnetic letters for your refrigerator. Build words that end with -am or -at and have your child read the words to you.
- Break out those Nursery Rhyme books again! Read a nursery rhyme a night to your child. Help them listen for the rhyming words.