Phonemic Awareness Skill:
- Recognizing the beginning sound in words
- short vowel i, such as in: igloo, inch, bin, fix, hid
High Frequency Words:
- New word: come
- Review words: I, a, my, the, go, to, he, like
Suggestions for Practice at Home:
- Keep using those refrigerator letters! Start building 3-letter words that have short vowel i in the middle (bin, fix, hid).
- Go on a word hunt with your child. Tell them to find something in the house and tell you what it is called. Ask them what sound the word begins with.