· We will working on basic reading skills this week like inference, sequence and context clues.
· Students will NOT have a short vocabulary quiz on Friday.
· Read for at least 20 minutes and fill in reading log each evening (Books must be on grade level or the "Just Right Level").
I CHECK READING LOGS EVERY MONDAY.
*I will be giving a short vocabulary quiz once a week. Vocabulary words will be written on index cards along with the definition and kept in the homework pocket in your child's binder.
1. THERE WILL BE NO VOCABULARY QUIZ THIS WEEK
· begin chapter 7 Measurement
- Homework: completing any class work not finished during class time (both sides)
Please check over your child's math class work each evening. By doing this you will have a better understanding of whether your child is grasping the concepts being taught.
· Continue to work on memorizing all multiplication facts 0-10 (I will give multiplication facts pop quizzes on a random basis.)
A great website for working on math facts is (http/www.mhschool.com/math/2003student/factdash/popup.html). This is a great way for your child to practice their math facts.