Welcome to Fifth Grade!!! On this sheet you will find a list of information that will be helpful for this school year. Please feel free to ask me about any of this information or any other concerns you might have. After reading this, please keep one copy for your records and return one signed to me. This will let me know you have read this information.Classroom Rules:
- Listen and follow directions.
- Respect others.
- Be prepared.
- Walk quietly.
- First infraction: Warning
- Second infraction: Warning/note home if necessary
- Third infraction: detention
SEVERE INFRACTIONS may cause direct disciplinary action.Conduct:
0-10 infractions = A 11-20 infractions = B
21-40 infractions = C 41-65 infractions = D
66 or more infractions = FTeachers:
- Mrs. Melton, Mrs. Thole, and I are the fifth grade teachers.
- All rules are the same in each classroom. If a student earns an infraction from any other teacher; they will be applied to the list in my classroom. The same goes for feet rewards. They can earn feet from another teacher and bring them back to spend in my class.
- Students will be required to use the agenda provided by the school. Each afternoon I will go over what we did that day and all assignments. They should fill it out completely, put an X over completed assignments and circle anything that needs to be finished as homework.
- Students will be using lockers this year. Inside the locker, they will keep their coat, empty book bag, gym shoes (which will be necessary to participate in gym class), and lunch box.
- Students must have these items in their locker and be in the classroom by 8:30. If they are in the hallway at 8:30 it will be an infraction for tardy to class. If they enter the building after 8:30, they will receive a tardy from the office.
- Hoot Loot – Students can earn loot several different ways in the classroom. This loot can be saved and used on Fridays to “buy” one of the listed prizes from the teacher.
- Good Behavior Party – Students with a C or higher for their conduct grade, which is 40 or fewer infractions, and no detentions each quarter will participate. There will be one party per quarter. Students will be allowed to bring in a snack and a soda.
- 100 Club – Students who receive 100 on 30 various assignments will enjoy a soda from the teacher.
- Signed Tests/Forms - Students will receive a frog to be used toward a prize of their choice, if their test/form is signed and returned the next school day.
- Friday Folders – Friday Folders will be sent home every Friday with graded work, a newsletter, and infractions for the week. Students will receive a frog if the Friday Folder is signed and returned the next school day.
- Breakfast Club – Once a quarter students will be invited to have a donut and milk with the teachers if they make Honor Roll or for bringing up grades.
Any work not turned in will be counted as a zero, after the first quarter. Mrs. Melton, Mrs. Thole, and I decided we would give the students the first quarter to transition. During the first quarter there will be points off for late work. If a student is absent, he/she will be given an allotted amount of time to complete necessary assignments.
I am looking forward to working with you this year to make your child’s fifth grade experience a successful one. J Feel free to stop by if you have any questions, concerns, or ideas. I can also be reached by phone after 3:10 at 537-4553 or e-mail at email@example.com. This address can also be accessed through the district website at www.lebanon.stclair.k12.il.us
I have read and discussed this with my child, ________________________________.
Parent Signature Date
Please list the best way to contact you to discuss your child’s progress. This could be a phone number or e-mail address. _____________________________________