English 3 Course Description
English 3 exposes students to some of the significant works and ideas of American writers. Students will read a variety of genres from novels to poetry, short stories to non-fiction informational texts. In addition, students will compose a variety of texts.
English 3 Course Goals
- To develop students competence as writers, readers, speakers, listeners, and viewers of many texts.
- To read and analyze a variety American Literature from Classical to Contemporary.
- To prepare students for the higher-level reading and writing skills and heighten their overall communication skills so they may become successful in life.
What will we be doing this year?
- Writing a research paper
- Reading and understanding Non- Fiction works
- Reading and understanding the aspects of Poetry
- Reading "A Raisin in the Sun", "The Crucible", "Of Mice and Men", "The Great Gatsby" and "19 Minutes"
May 30, 2018