Welcome Students and Parents
This site is for up to date information regarding my physical education class.
I look forward to having each one of you in my class.
Every student is scheduled for 3 required years of Physical Education. The goals of the Walter Reed Middle School physical education program are based on the State standards and to physically educate students to:
- Demonstrate the motor skills and movement patterns needed to perform a variety of physical activities.
- Demonstrate knowledge of movement concepts, principles, and strategies that apply to the learning and performance of physical activities.
- Assess and maintain a level of physical fitness to improve health and performance.
- Demonstrate knowledge of physical fitness concepts, principles, and strategies to improve health and performance.
- Demonstrate and utilize knowledge of psychological and sociological concepts, principles, and strategies that apply to the learning and performance of physical activity.
- Weekly strength practicing, which will include push-ups, sit-ups, and other similar measures.
- Written work and fitness folder is required, to assess and analyze own personal fitness and to set and meet goals. WILL NEED A COMPOSITION BOOK, GLUE STICK- TAPE, BINDER CLIP, AND PEN/PENCIL. WILL BE USED AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK.
- At least once a week a designated run is given for all students.
- All standard based benchmarks stated in Physical Education Handbook
EVERY BODY NEEDS PE