I will attach the syllabus to this page.
Group 1 aims
The aims of language A: literature and language A: language and literature at SL and at HL and of literature and performance at SL are to:
1. introduce students to a range of texts from different periods, styles and genres
2. develop in students the ability to engage in close, detailed analysis of individual texts and make relevant connections
3. develop the students’ powers of expression, both in oral and written communication
4. encourage students to recognize the importance of the contexts in which texts are written and received
5. encourage, through the study of texts, an appreciation of the different perspectives of people from other cultures, and how these perspectives construct meaning
6. encourage students to appreciate the formal, stylistic and aesthetic qualities of texts
7. promote in students an enjoyment of, and lifelong interest in, language and literature.
Language A: literature aims
In addition, the aims of the language A: literature course at SL and at HL are to:
8. develop in students an understanding of the techniques involved in literary criticism
9. develop the students’ ability to form independent literary judgments and to support those ideas.