Professional School Counselor
This is my 3rd year at MT Harmony Elementary School. I graduated from Shippensburg University with a Bachelor of Arts and Science degree in Psyhcology in 2003. In 2006, I graduated from Shippensburg University with a Masters of Education in School Counseling. Before coming to MT Harmony, I worked as an emotional support aide at Lamberton Middle School.Below is my annual plan. You may take a look at some of the activites and programs I have planned for this year as well as some of the goals I have for myself.
ANNUAL GUIDANCE PLAN
Please list major guidance activities and programs planned for this year.
1. Classroom guidance –classes on Character Development; Personal Body Safety; Organization/Study skills; decision-making and others decided by teachers and counselor.
2. Individual Counseling -as needed
3. Group counseling – social skills, study skills, family, divorce, ADHD, grief and loss, new students – as needed.
4. Coordinate Drug Free Schools’ projects i.e. Red Ribbon Week activities
5. Participate with standing teams, SST/504
6. Meet regularly with the Character Education Team to plan projects to serve the school and community.
7. Meet weekly with administration
8. Coordinate career day.
9. Provide biweekly newsletters to inform teachers of guidance programs.
10. Plan the STARS and STRIPES conference.
11. Keep records on attendance concerns, and coordinate with SST and Administration to make contacts with parents in a timely way.
12. Career Development Lessons for 4th and 5th grade
13. Provide Internet Safety lessons for (K-5)
14. Continuation of the Ambassador Program for students in 4th and 5th grade
15. Coordinate citizenship breakfasts
16. Head up the retention process
17. Collect data on topics covered as well as number of children seen in groups and individually.
List three professional goals you have set for yourself or for your guidance program for the school year.
1. I want to promote the use of technology to the students and staff by using technology in my classroom lessons (smartboard) and teaching safety in using the internet in all grades as well as hosting a parent night to teach internet safety.
2. I want to be proactive in the school community. I want to have more communication between the counselor and students, staff and parents. Each student, staff member and parent should know who I am, when I am available, how to reach me, and what services I provide.
3. One of my goals is to do some co-teaching with different staff throughout the school. Holding classes, groups and activities with different staff members on different topics i.e. Nutrition-nurse, cafeteria; Grief-nurse; Internet Safety-Media Specialist; Feelings group-Art teacher; Mentor group-Vice-Principal; and Reading club-Special Ed teacher