My name is Samantha Holen and I have the great honor to be entering into my third year as a third grade teacher! I previously taught in Aldine ISD but in an effort to be closer to home, I am joining the Oak Ridge family! Below you will find some facts about me:
- I grew up in Rockford, Illinois and went to college at the University of Dubuque in Dubuque, Iowa before moving to the great state of Texas in the summer of 2015.
- In November of this year, I will be getting married to my high school sweetheart, Lucas!
- We have an adorable puppy named Copper!
- Running, going for hikes, reading and relaxing with my family are my favorite hobbies.
- Reading and writing are two of my TRUEST passions!
Check out my classroom Twitter to keep up with us throughout the school year. I, along with the students, will be posting about our daily work and activities, as well as any upcoming reminders!