Below is the list of things that will be covered on the test, and some recommendations
- Know the three components of the cell theory.
Know the names, structures and functions of common parts of the cell - REFER TO CELL MANIA WORKSHEET
- Be able to describe the functions in literal or metaphorical terms.
- Be able to identify each structure if given a cell image.
- Know what all cells have in common.
- Know the difference between prokaryotic cells and eukaryotic cells. Be able to explain how to tell the difference.
- Be able to distinguish between animal and plant cells if given descriptions or images. Be able to explain how to tell the difference.
- Be able to clearly state how function and structure are connected and provide examples.
Know the detailed structure of the plasma membrane and how each part connects to the function of the plasma membrane.
- Be able to draw and label the membrane and its pieces and provide function descriptions -
- NOTES FROM CLAY DAY AND FRIDAY, 12/16/11; CAN ALSO FIND AMPLE EXAMPLES ON LINKS
- Know what distinguishes active and passive transport, and what cell parts are involved.
Know and be able to describe and differentiate the forms of active and passive transport.
- Be able to state what form of transport is used for various molecules (e.g. water, carbon dioxide, glucose, ions, large molecules, etc.)
- Understand what homeostasis is and give examples of how cells maintain it.
Recommendations FOR STUDENTS WHO WANT TO SUCCEED:
- I strongly recommend you keep track of all of your notes. Don’t misplace them during locker cleanout or over break.
- I strongly recommend you study and work to improve your notes. Having notes will not help you if they are not familiar to you or if they are incomplete or incorrect.
- I strongly recommend you make flash cards or a reduction or another study aid to help you go through and study your notes, maybe even with a friend.
- I strongly recommend you spend time every few days reviewing over break. Don’t rely on your notes to get you through the test even if you can use them. You need your brain power too.
- I strongly recommend you click on the links on this webpage that will help you study for this test and that will help you improve (or recreate) your notes. Extra credit is available. Find it!
Do an awesome job.There are no good excuses not to!