These questions are from the class activity done on Tuesday, May 26, 2015. Note: #15 is not required.
Oh Deer! Activity Questions PLEASE ANSWER ON A SEPARATE SHEET.
ANSWER IN COMPLETE SENTENCES!!!!!!
- What are the four components of habitat?
- Does it matter how much of each component you have? – give an example.
- Describe the niche of the deer.
- Where/what were the abiotic portions of the deer’s ecosystem?
- What kind of relationship did the deer have with each other? Explain.
- What was the niche of the wolf? Describe some details.
- Did the wolves’ niche overlap with anyone else’s? Explain.
- a) Identify the consumers in this activity. b) Then state whether each is a C1 or C2.
- Did we ever get an infinite number of deer? _____
- Why not?
- Did the deer population ever go to zero? _____
- Why not?
- Did the deer population stay exactly the same every round?
- Is that like the real world or different than the real world? Explain.
- What is the new vocabulary term that indicates the limiting of a population by the environment resources?
- Make up another question. Write it down, then answer it. Make it good enough.
- Construct a graph of our habitat numbers, deer population, and wolf population. You will have three lines on one graph – one line for each population. Label correctly, include a key and title and use good graph techniques.