Weekend Evolution Extra Credit – DUE _____________
Phylogeny – Maps of Evolutionary Relationships and Divergence
1. Research the “evolutionary family tree” (phylogeny/cladogram/Y diagram) of EITHER the modern-day elephant/mastodon OR tiger/saber-toothed tiger (*other species must be approved by Ms. LaSovage).
2. Find a good diagram or illustration showing the evolutionary relationships. (We saw two examples of the horse and the whale in class. Your diagram must be similar/along the lines of the ones we have used in class.)
3. Write down the source(s) you used.
4. Write at least 5 GOOD questions - SAT or AP rigor please! - that are relevant to the diagram AND to the current topic. Questions should be answerable with just information from the diagram and basic knowledge.
5. ANSWER your 5 good questions with CORRECT answers.
For Extra Bonus:
- Email me the link to your image.
- Submit more than one image showing representations of the same information.
This is due Monday. It should be typed if at all possible. Both parts must be completed. References must be cited. Low quality questions or questions with missing or incorrect answers are not guaranteed credit. This is extra credit for QUALITY work and though.