|North Carolina End-of-Course Test of Biology Goal||Description of Goal||Percentage Range of Emphasis|
|1||The learner will develop abilities necessary to do and understand scientific inquiry.||28% – 32%|
|2||The learner will develop an understanding of the physical, chemical and cellular basis of life.||25% – 30%|
|3||The learner will develop an understanding of the continuity of life and the changes of organisms over time.||30% – 35%|
|4||The learner will develop an understanding of the unity and diversity of life.||25% – 30%|
|5||The learner will develop an understanding of the ecological relationships among organisms.||15% – 20%|
- Textbook: Biology. Levine, J. & Miller, K. (2005)
- Three-ring binder with a separate section for notes, handouts, daily review, tests, and quizzes.
- Black or blue pen or pencil
- Highlighter or colored pencils
|Graded Material||Percentage of your grade|
|Tests/Nine Weeks Exam||50%|
Classwork Classwork consists of writing the review in your notebook each day. Classwork shall also consists of writing notes in your notebook from lectures, movies, or other activities.
Make-up Work Every day I will fill out a form that explains what was done in class and what you are required to do for a make-up assignment. I will place the form and any papers handed out in class in your class folder. It is your responsibility to check the folder at the beginning of class the day you return to school.
Classroom Rules and Behavior Expectations
· Enter class and be in your assigned seat when the bell rings.
· Be prepared for class (textbook, pencil, 3-ring binder)
· Be productive
· Follow all lab safety rules during science labs
· Follow all the rules in the student handbook
· No eating or drinking (except water) in class
· No cell phone usage!!!!!!
· You are not allowed to use the teachers computer
· Stay in assigned student area
· BE KIND!!!!!!
Cut Policy Cutting class will not be excused for any reason. If you do cut class, you will lose all points for that day, and you may not make-up any assignments (including Tests and Quizzes). Your parents/guardians will be contacted for a parent conference.
Tardy Policy If you are not in class, you cannot learn the material. Therefore, the school wide tardy policy will be strictly enforced.
Restroom PolicyEach student will receive 3 restroom passes for each 9 weeks. There are no exceptions unless a doctors excuse is provided.
Academic Honesty I will not allow copying of homework for ANY class in this room. Students will not be allowed to talk during tests or quizzes. Students who do will have their tests confiscated and receive a zero for the test. Copying, plagiarism, academic theft or dishonesty in this classes will be handled according to the following schedule.
- First Offense: All students involved will receive a zero on the assignment in question (0/0 policy), and the information will be shared with administration and recorded.
- Second Offense All students involved will receive a zero and lose any extra privileges in class. All students will also be referred to administration.
- Third Offense In addition to the consequences for the second offense, student(s) involved will have their 9 week grade dropped one whole letter grade.
Late Assignments: Without a valid excuse, any assignment not turned in on time is a Late Assignment. Late assignments will be docked 10% of its total possible points per day, holidays and weekends excluded. So if a 40 pt Lab Report was due on Tuesday, you will receive 36 pts if you turn it in on Wednesday, and 32 pts if you turn it in on Thursday.
YOU CANNOT TURN IN LATE WORK AFTER ONE WEEK HAS PASSED.
HELP SESSIONS: I am available from 7:15-7:45 every morning, Tuesday from 2:45- 3:15, and during my planning period.