ESL- Unit Themes
- What is a community? Who makes a community? What types of communities are there?
- What are the dynamics of a community?
- What are some local community issues we face today?
- What are possible solutions to these issues?
- Read and discuss the themes found in "Roll of Thunder, Hear my Cry" by Mildred Taylor
- Analyze characters by asking the question, "What are their actions and motives in the book?"
- Create dialogue using actual book characters pertaining to a certain situation.
- Discuss the implications of social injustices in 1930's and today's world.
- Self reflection of own character.