Homework Assignments for the 1st MARKING PERIOD
Homework 1 - Return your signed Science Contract
Homework 2 - Choose 10 prefixes or suffixes and make a new word. Then, use each word in a sentence.
Homework 3 - Use each of today's vocabulary words in a sentence.
Extra Credit: Put all of the words in a paragraph
Homework 4 - Use today's Handout "Based on the Slideshow" and answer all questions
Homework 5 - Answer the following questions:
- Name 2 reasons for preserving flowers.
- What were 2 things we looked for when choosing flowers for drying?
- Describe 2 methods of drying out flowers.
- Name 3 flowers that can be dried and tell the best (or one of) the ways of drying them out.
Homework 6 - Textbook read pages 4-10
Page 14, Answer questions 1,2,3
Homework 7 - Textbook read pages 16-28
Page 28, Answer questions 1-5
Homework 8 - Textbook read pages 251 - 270
Page 270 #2,3,6,8,9,12,13,14
Homework 9 - Read page 34, 35, 127 and 128
Page 128 Answer question #10
Homework 10 - After learning about the bulbs that are available to us in class for planting draw up a design on how you
would like to plant these bulbs. Tell where you would like to plant them and what type of design you
Homework Assignments for the 2nd MARKING PERIOD
Homework 1 - Do the wordsearch on "Why Leaves Change Color"
Homework 2 - In textbook read pages 60 - 63
On page 68 answer #2,3,4,5 and 6
Homework 3 - In textbook read pages 31 - 42
On page 42 Answer #1,3,4,5,9 and 10
Homework 4 - Answers based on lesson:
1. Name two functions of the root?
2. What are the two types of root systems? How are they different?
3. Name two types of edible roots?
4. Why are root hairs so important?
Homework 5 - Answers based on lesson:
1. Name one function of the stem.
2. What is the difference between a herbaceous and a woody stem?
3. In a woody stem what occurs at the cambium layer?
4. What is the difference between a monocot and a dicot stem?
5. Name two above ground and two below ground stem variations.
Homework Assignments for the 3rd MARKING PERIOD
Assignment #1 - Answer the questions based on the lesson:
1. Why do plants have leaves?
2. How does the leaf of a cactus differ from other leaves? Why?
3. What type of leaf is a spider plant classified as? What is missing?
4. What is the function of the guard cells?
Assignment #2 - Write a sentence with each vocabulary word to show you understand the meaning of the word
Assignment #3 - Write a sentence with each new vocabulary word to show you understand the meaning of the word
Assignment #4 -