How will my child be graded?
Student grades for all children K-2 will be based on the LAPS method with 10 points available per day.
L: Listening / includes following the directions and wearing proper shoes (2 pts)
A: Attitude (2 pts)
P: Participation (2 pts)
S: Skills assessments (4 pts)
What are the rules?
1. Always come prepared-have the proper shoes and attitude for learning
2. Respect Others: Use kind and encouraging words and actions, good sportsmanship is a must
3. Respect Yourself: Always do your best every day/No negative self talk
4. Respect Property: This includes ALL P.E. and building equipment
What are the consequences for not following the rules?
- 1st Offense: Verbal warning
- 2nd Offense: Sit out of activity until student believes they can follow the rules
- 3rd Offense: Sit out of activity for the rest of the day and a behavior note will be sent home
- 4th Offense: Office Referral-call home to parents/guardian
If a student consistently breaks the same rules, a call will be made to the parent about the off task behavior and it may affect the child's participation grade for that quarter.