Physical Education (AKA: PE)
Philosophy of Madison Jr. High Physical Education:
The aim of physical education at Madison Jr. High is to maximize opportunities for attaining motor skills, physical fitness, knowledge, sportsmanship, understanding, and values through participation in movement and discussions.
1. Please be on time. (In locker room when bell rings - upstairs 3 minutes after the bell.)
2. Please keep food and drink in locker or backpack. (Water bottle is okay.)
3. Please dress down everyday. (Physical Education uniform is required.)
4. Please lock your locker.
5. Please feel free to shower if you so choose.
6. Please use proper language.
7. Please be respectful of everyone. (Demonstrate positive character traits.)
8. Please report any injury or broken equipment to the teacher.
9. Please remember safety is a priority at all times. (Locker room, gym, outside, etc.)
10. Please be willing to try and have fun learning and doing new activities.
Physical education is an activity class. Daily participation is important to a good grade. If a student is absent they should meet with the teacher so they know what make up work is necessary. The final grade will be an accumulation of points based upon physical activity, knowledge, skill development, and citizenship.