School Year: 2020-2021 Instructor: Mrs. Nicolet
Room: SW 213 E-mail: Andrea.Nicolet@fresnounified.org
Dear Parents/Guardians and Student,
Welcome to Bullard High School, Geometry class. Our staff is dedicated to providing your child with the best educational opportunities in Fresno. Students will receive a challenging curriculum based on the California State Educational and Common Core Standards. This course also fills the A-G requirement and therefore, 10 credits of required Geometry Credit are received if passing the course with a C or better.
- BIM Geometry Student Journal (pick up with your textbook at the library)
- Graph paper (or any extra scratch paper)
ADDITIONAL SUPPLIES: Scientific calculator, colored pencils/pens
Expectations for all students
- Be prepared and take notes the day before the lesson. Read through the posted notes the day before on Microsoft Teams. This will help you actively participate in each lesson and have something to refer to for homework and tests
- Actively participate during all of every online lesson. Attendance will be taken multiple times through out each lesson. Be present for all, or you may be marked tardy.
- Complete all homework and show all your work on separate paper. Homework is assigned on instruction days. Homework assignments at bigideasmath.com are due on Big Ideas (submit your work!) by 8pm the next day along with a photo of your work posted in the assignment section on Microsoft Teams. No late work will be accepted.
- If a student is absent any day, then he/she has the number of days absent to make up the missed assignment (work can only be made up if the absence is excused). The student will be responsible for getting the missed assignment; it is not the teacher’s responsibility. Remember to watch the recorded lessons from the day absent, take notes, and message me for any help.
- If the student was absent for a test, they must take the test during the scheduled time. There are no retakes for tests. Unless stated in a 504 or IEP.
- The teacher is available each instructional day during tutorial hours on Microsoft Teams for extra help
Expectations for Parents
- Make sure your child attends our online lessons every day.
- If possible, check in during a lesson to make sure your child is actively engaged and not distracted.
- Keep your phone number and email updated in the school office; we may need to contact you.
- Check online at bigideasmath.com for current or overdue assignments.
- Make sure they have all supplies indicated on the list provided to you.
- Encourage your child every day as they have worked very hard. Your child has earned the right to be here through hard work and commitment to their education.
Class Rules and Expectations
NETIQUETTE (class network etiquette)
Although you might be accustomed to using forms of electronic communication, such as text messaging and chat, communicating during a lesson or group activity involves a slightly different set of skills and communication referred to as “netiquette.” Netiquette covers a set of core rules for proper online behavior.
BEGINNING OF CLASS
END OF CLASS
For several activities in this class, you will be asked to work with others; in addition, you are encouraged to form study partners and groups. However, any written work that forms the basis of your final grade in the class MUST be your own original work.
Do not plagiarize (copy, submit another person’s photo…).
This includes all tests and homework. I will report any and all indications of academic dishonesty to our administration and counselors. Should you have any questions regarding what constitutes "academic dishonesty" in this course, please contact me.
- BigIdeas Geometry – the physical purple and gold textbook
- Bigideasmath.com – Student Dynamic eBook and additional resources
- Khanacademy.org – helpful tutorial videos for any math topic or concept
- Remind – phone app or remind.com for homework and assessment reminders for this class and direct contact with the instructor for questions or homework help.
- Send a text to 81010 to join
- Period 1 - @f348gkc
Period 2- @23c998
Period 3- @kb8cf7
Period 4- @c839ab
Period 6- @he6cg4
If you have any questions about my rules or expectations, please do not hesitate e-mail (best way to get ahold of me). You can also call Bullard High School at 457-4320 and leave a message. They will contact me so that I can return your call as soon as possible.