"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you"
The TLC at RCMS is a substantially seperate program for students who have been identified as requiring help to manage their emotional needs in order to learn. The TLC provides accomodations as outlined in students IEPs. Some helpful tools we provide are:
- alternative seating (physioball chairs, balance chairs, beanbags)
- program-wide TLC level system tied into both group and individual incentive plans
- spaces inside and seperate from the classroom used to promote self-soothing
- small student:staff ratio to optimize learning
- material presented in visual, verbal, multi-sensory formats
- coping skills explicitly taught and practiced within the classroom