Science Fair Guidelines and Tips
- Select at least 3 topics related to the Medical/Health field (e.g. Anatomy & Physiology, Biotechnology, Biomedical Sciences, Physical Therapy, Pharmacology, Genetics etc.)
- Follow the instructions provided on the MAST @ Homestead Science Fair guideline website and Handout.
- See Miami Dade County School’s website for additional science fair information http://science.dadeschools.net/sciencefair/resources.html
- Be prepared to submit your 3 topics complete with a hypothesis and problem statement for each of the 3 topics the first week of school. We suggest you choose three topics of study in case one of your choices is not approved by your teacher.
- The earlier you start planning, the better. Time management and preparedness is 50% of the work!
- Helpful websites to get ideas:
Science Fair Project Timeline
Title of Assignment Deadline
Choose Topic (Title, hypothesis & Problem) First week of school
10-15 Sources each with summarization on Note cards TBA
Experimental Design (Variable, materials & Procedures) TBA
Collect Data/ Analysis TBA
*Project due Date (Presentation) November (TBA)
In school judging November (TBA)
Over the summer, choose 3 science fair topics which are due the first week of school for approval. Science fair projects are a major project grade during the 1st and 2nd nine weeks.
All students are required to participate in this project. A rubric and will be distributed to you during the first week of school. It is important for you remain aware of due dates as no late work will be accepted.