Books available in Schoology: Green Witch/Green Angel folder or under the Digital Learning Folder
Green Witch (digital book)
Green Angel Vocabulary
Chapters 1 - 2
1. Beacon - signal; source; a fire or light set up in a high or prominent position as a warning, signal, or celebration.
2. Fearless - lacking fear; heroic;
3. Storekeepers - a person who owns or runs a store
4. Coax - gently and persistently persuade (someone) to do something.
5. Biding (her time) - remain or stay somewhere; wait
6. Perished - died; suffer death; volent death
7. Burden - typically a heavy load; a duty or misfortune that causes hardship, anxiety, or grief; a nuisance.
8. Kettles - a container or device in which water is boiled, having a lid, spout, and handle; a teakettle. A large metal pot with a handle
9. Looters - a person who steals goods or food, especially during a war or riot
10. Arbitrarily - without restraint; on the basis of random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.
1. Brackish - unpleasant or distasteful; (of water) slightly salty, as is the mixture of river water and seawater in estuaries.
2. Evaporating - cease to exist; turn from liquid to vapor
3. Precautions - defense; provisions; safeguards; a measure taken in advance to prevent something dangerous, unpleasant, or inconvenient from happening.
4. Thoroughfare - main road in town; a road or path forming a route between two places.
5. Lurking - remaining hidden so as to wait in ambush.
6. Sorrow - a feeling of deep distress caused by loss, disappointment, or other misfortune suffered by oneself or others.
7. Distinguish - treat as different; perceive or point out a difference. Prominent or Worthy
8. Honorable - being worthy of honor; used as a title indicating eminence or distinction, given especially to judges and certain high officials.
9. Reputation -the beliefs or opinions that are generally held about someone or something.
10. Pathetic - arousing pity, especially through vulnerability or sadness; miserably inadequate.
Green Witch Vocabulary
List 1 - Chapters 1-4
1. Resentful - feeling or expressing bitterness or indignation at having been treated unfairly.
2. Cinders - a small piece of partly burned coal or wood that has stopped giving off flames but still has combustible matter in it.
3. Flourishing - developing rapidly and successfully; thriving.
4. Battered - injured by repeated blows or punishment. Shabby
5. Solace - comfort or consolation in a time of distress or sadness.
6. Dictated - lay down authoritatively; prescribe. Say or Read aloud
7. Yearned - have an intense feeling of longing for something, typically something that one has lost or been separated from.
8. Torrents - a strong and fast-moving stream of water or other liquid; sudden or violent outpouring
9. Saturated - holding as much water or moisture as can be absorbed; thoroughly soaked.
10. Hodgepodge- a confused mixture
11. Contraptions - a machine or device that appears strange or unnecessarily complicated, and often badly made or unsafe
12. Oblige - be indebted or grateful; make someone legally bound to an action
1. Toll (taker) - someone employed to collect tolls
2. Tinged - emit a sharp, clear, ringing sound.
3. Thrumming -make a continuous rhythmic humming sound. Strum or Rhythmic
4. Hedge - a fence or boundary formed by closely growing bushes or shrubs.
5. Meshing -lock together or be engaged with another gearwheel. Engage, interlock
6. Sulfur - the chemical element of atomic number 16, a yellow combustible nonmetal.
7. Merely- just; only
8. Trekking - a long arduous journey, especially one made on foot.
9. Iridescent - showing luminous colors that seem to change when seen from different angles.
10. Generators - a person or thing that generates something. A machine that runs power when the power is out
11. Tinkerer - mender
12. Hastening - to be quick to do something; move or travel hurriedly.
Green Angel Novel – Unit Test Study Guide
Setting: _________________________________ Theme: __________________________________
Main Characters: (describe them or list significant traits of each character)
Green _______________________________________New Name : __________________
Mom ________________________________________Dad ____________________________
Aurora _____________________________________ Ghost ____________________________
Neighbor ____________________________________ Onion _____________________________
Heather _____________________________________ Diamond _________________________
Shopkeeper : ________________________________ Narrator : _________________________
Figurative Language – examples from the text. Identify the type of figurative language described.
Notes on Ch. 1 – Heart
Notes on Ch. 2 – Soul
Notes on Ch. 3 – Treasure
Notes on Ch. 4 - Rain
Notes on Ch. 5 – Sisters