A 10-day Permaculture Course that will enhance the work being carried out. We invite you to live a deep experience of immersion in a life dedicated to going beyond sustainability and transforming our realities individually and collectively through the beautiful vision.
Topics to Work
- Permaculture Design
Analysis of the current reality
Principles of attitude
Natural Systems Guidelines
Community Soil Restoration
- Soil Seeding
Cold and Hot Composts
- Self-Sufficient Productive Systems
Community Seed Banks
- Wild Seed Collection Seed
Who is this PDC for?
This transformative learning and society coexistence course determined on Permaculture Queensland. It is expected at people who are inquisitive to bring in themselves or get deeper in the growth and design of more logical and sustainable life models. It is a course that prepares you to experience a first immersion in very broad and diverse topics that propose new ways of living, so the course is aimed at all those people who do not feel comfortable with how society, the economy works, education, health, food, relationships, and in general the dynamics of a world that does not revolve in harmony with the natural flows of our nature.
You feel the call to do something different. You want to do something that must necessarily question the patterns and conditions that we have imposed as humanity and that direct us today towards separation and destruction. Then this Permaculture Course Australia can give new light to that transformation that we can carry out together.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- DESIGN: Practice techniques for observation and surveying; learn to read and make maps, select and use tools for site analysis and assessment. Integrate ethics, principles, and climate-specific strategies to create innovative design solutions, and experience several iterations of group design processes.
- CLIMATE AND LANDFORM: Adapt design strategies to climate patterns; observe, enhance, and create microclimates; adapt design to slope, elevation, orientation, and local weather patterns.
- WATER: Understand the natural water cycle and effects of human interventions. Use earthworks to harvest the rain, recharge depleted groundwater, and prevent erosion. Learn to use & reuse water responsibly, including gray water solutions, constructed wetlands, and acquaculture.
- SOIL: Understand the living and non-living aspects of soil, and how appropriate human management can maximize productivity and health of soils. Know strategies and practice techniques that build fertility and resilience of soil in different climates and at different scales of use.
- LIVING LANDSCAPE MANAGEMENT: Understand basics of ecology at Permaculture Australia: succession, nutrient cycling and energy flows, behaviour of complex systems. Select appropriate solutions for intensive and extensive landscapes; Understand benefits of multi-yield systems at different scales, including diversified gardens, agroforestry, agrosilvopastoral landscapes, and managed woodlands.
- SOCIAL & ECONOMIC APPLICATIONS: Under PDC Australia, you will understand appropriate technologies and techniques for sustainable human settlements & society. Including: natural building, energy-efficient house design, community & decision-making strategies, transition towns, ethical livelihood creation & micro business, solidarity/social economy, local/alternative currencies.