About Mr. Philippe...
My name is Philippe Motte and I am a kindergarten teacher at S.J. Montgomery Elementary in Lafayette, LA. I was born and raised in Belgium. I have been teaching in the Fench Immersion Program since 1996.
My philosophy is centered around the needs of a kindergarten student. I strive to make my classroom developmentally appropriate and centered around the needs of each individual child. In my classroom you will find these characteristics built around my philosophy:
- Community of Learners: My classroom is a safe, supportive, and welcoming environment for all of my students. Students will gain independence and self awareness, as well as the ability to function as a member of a group.
- Positive Classroom Management: Children in my classroom will be expected to follow classroom rules and conduct themselves in a manner that is safe and respectful. Good behavior and manners will be positively recognized throughout the school day.
- Balanced Literacy Program: Children in my classroom will participate in a variety of activities exposing them to the meaning and excitement of the French language. Students will participate in whole group as well as differentiated literacy instruction including the use of literacy stations, modeled and shared skills, and independent practice.
- Hands On Math Instruction: Students' math knowledge will be supported through the use of a wide variety of materials and meaningful experiences.
- Thematic Studies: Science and Social Studies will be taught in French and integrated into every part of the curriculum to maintain high interest topics for in depth study. Opportunities for art, music, and other forms of expression will also be included.