The following information is helpful in making your child's school year successful.
- The school day starts at 7:30. Dismissal is at 2:05. All tardies, absences, and early dismissals need a doctor or parent excuse note.
- The curriculum is correlated with the Virginia Standard's of Learning (SOL). Students need to master the kindergarten SOL's for promotion. Students will receive progress reports and report cards.
- Students will use an agenda to help with daily behavior notification and messages. It will come home nightly and needs to be returned to school daily.
- Breakfast is offered for students to eat in the classroom from 7:00-7:25. Students can bring or purchase a lunch.
- Bus riders will be supplied a "bus tag" that must be worn daily. Students are not allowed on the bus without a "bus tag". Teachers will supply the tags.
- Classwork and school notifications will come home every Thursday in the school "communicator" folder.
- Students are responsible for appropriate classroom behavior. Daily classroom behavior will be noted in the agenda. The behavior color "key code" is in the classroom pamphlet provided at "Ranger Round-up".
- Conferences will be made to discuss your child's academic, behavioral, and social skills. A parent/teacher conference day has been scheduled for November 7. Parents can request a conference to discuss any questions or concerns.
- Students will receive 45 minutes resource (physical education, music, art, library) on a rotating schedule. They will receive 15 minutes recess daily. Please have your child dress appropriately for daily recess time.
- If any questions or concerns arise, please email or call us at....
- firstname.lastname@example.org 896-6728
11. Please visit the Forrest Website.
12. Visit our "Family Resource Center" with Mrs. Charette for helpful educational tools, family support, and many more useful resources.