Preschool teachers are the primary resource in promoting literacy in their classrooms. Each day they have opportunities to engage children in meaningful language and literacy experiences.
Pre-K ELLA is designed to:
- Advance teacher understanding of how three to five year old children develop language and literacy skills and why it is imporant that children develop these skills
- Present tools and techniquest teachers can use in their classrooms to help children develop language and literacy skills they will need to become proficient readers and writers.
- Transfer Pre-K ELLA teacher training into children's everyday activities.
- Assist teachers in developing strategies for involving families in literacy experiences at home.
- Make language and literacy experience enjoyable for teachers, children, and their families.