What should students do to be safe when using email and the internet?
Keeping safe on the internet is a must for all, young and old.
The internet is a great resource. Just like any other place you visit, the internet safety rules must be followed.
- Be aware of any spams: Spams could contain viruses or other encrypting information.
- Don’t open any attachments that you are unaware of: Unknown attachments can have a virus and the sender may not even have known.
- Don’t ever share your password with others: Never give out your passwords. Someone could take your password and change, add, or delete your personal information on the other sites.
- Make sure to keep all your passwords in place where they are secured: Keep them in a safe place, locked if possible from anyone that could get to them.
- Never meet someone from the internet alone: Remember that everyone is not who they say they are.
- Keep your personal information private when online: Your privacy setting need to be as high as possible.
- Whenever you see something online that makes your feel uncomfortable, unsafe or worried; you need to leave the website immediately, turn off your computer or make sure to tell a trusted adult for your safety.
The internet is very popular in this generation. People spend more and more time online. It is very important that we keep it safe. Enforcing safety teaches you value and enables all to be aware and have knowledge. You should not share any personal information. Always think before posting pictures and videos that can be used illegally. Whenever using online devices, make sure there are privacy setting that could be turned on. Avoid befriending or meeting people you don’t know through the internet or even personal. Be careful and considerate to other people’s feelings when posting anything online.