Advanced Career Education Centers - @ Hermitage and Highland Springs ...
Current 8th grade students will have opportunity to apply for programs at the Advanced Career Education Centers. The application will be a link on the HCPS specialty center webpage. Students will need to complete the information on the Googledoc application and submit it directly to the ACE Centers, by late January (specific deadline information will be forthcoming). Students may apply for up to two career clusters that offer programs they are interested in. If students are selected, they will be mentored during their 9th and 10th grade years, to prepare to take a program of studies at one of the ACE Centers during their 11th and 12th grade years.
- Open House Dates open house sessions:
- October 26th - Highland Springs @7PM
- October 28th - Hermitage @7PM
- Online Applications open - November 15th: 8th graders complete the "Class of 2026 ACE Center Application"
- 8th Graders - Apply to the CLUSTER you are interested in. If accepted, you will meet with the ACE Center school counselor and/or ACE Center teacher during your 9th and 10th grade years and attend events and programs related to cluster. In 10th grade, you will select the specific course (program) you want to attend. If you select a dual-enrollment course, you will complete the necessary placement testing in the spring/summer before 11th grade (description of clusters and courses/programs is attached below)
- Deadline to complete online applications - January 10th
- Notification of acceptance email will come - TBD
- Deadline to submit your intent - TBD