Greetings, Hola, Salutations, etc., etc., etc.!
(August 12, 2009) Well, we are off to an amazing beginning to the journey this year. The kids seem comfortable with their schedules and their biggest concern seems to be when they will receive their lockers . I hope that your children have come home with nothing but positive reports. Remember...do not hesitate to call or email if you have any concerns or questions. I am working now on getting my online gradebook set up. If you have emailed me for an access code, I will have that to you by the end of the week.
1. A panoramic picture of the 2009/2010 KDDC students was taken last week. We sent home an order form for you to be able to purchase one. The cost is $15.00 and the form along with the money is due on Wednesday, August 12th.
2. On Thursday, August 13th from 4pm-9pm Zaxby's in Hendersonville will donate 10% of all sales to the KDDC football team. Let's all go support our very first Mustang football team. Go Mustangs!
3. There will be an FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) meeting in the library at 7am on Friday, August 14. All students are welcome.
Future Dates to Know
1. Tuesday, August 18th is our very first Mustang Football Game vs. Portland West @ Beech High School at 6:30pm. We will have SPIRIT DAY at the school to get the students excited. They are encouraged to wear their Mustang shirts that you bought at the open house or if they don't have one they will be on sale in the mornings before school. The cheerleaders will also be selling spirit beads and shakers. These items will also be sold at games!
2. Monday, August 24th is Open House and PTO spaghetti dinner at 6:00pm. You will have the opportunity to go through your student's schedule and meet their teachers! Then, we get some amazing spaghetti!
3. Friday, August 28th is Picture Day! Make sure your student is here and has their best smiles on!!!
Thanks so much for a wonderful start to the school year!!