This begins my 18th year teaching and I am so excited to be working with your child. I will be teaching English Language Arts (reading, grammar and spelling) as well as social studies (turn of the century to modern day).
Our ELA Units are listed below with approximate begin and end dates.
- Unit 1- How immigration changed the face of America. August 15-October 6, 2017
- Nory Ryan's Song by Patricia Riley Giff (1st 4 weeks)
- Joshua's Song by Joan Hiatt Harlow (2nd 4 weeks)
- Unit 2 - How do we meet challenges? October 12 - December 14, 2017
- Hatchet by Gary Paulsen (1st 4 weeks)
- Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell (2nd 4 weeks)
- Unit 3 - How did World War II affect life in America? January 8 - March 2, 2017
- The Cay by Theodore Taylor (1st 4 weeks)
- Number the Stars by Lois Lowry (2nd 4 weeks)
- Unit 4 - How did World War II affect life in America? March 5 - April 20, 2017
- Martin Luther King Jr. by Amy Pasten (1st 4 weeks)
- Lions of Little Rock by Kristen Levine (2nd 4 weeks)
Recommended websites you may need for homework help and general information.
Awesome site to use for practicing for the upcoming Milestones exam. Milestones
I use this one in the classroom to re-enforce concepts. Great for math and ELA. Learn Zillion
This awesome website will help you keep up with what you have read over the summer and during the school year! Get Reading Georgia!
There are many excellent resources on the internet. Please make sure that you check the validity and safety of all internet activities in which your child participates.
The Team at Educator Pages