Integrated Math 1 is a course directly aligned with the Common Core State Standards (CCSS). These standards reflect knowledge and skills that our students need in order to be successful in college and careers. The standards require students to gain a deeper knowledge of mathematical concepts through extensive reading, writing, speaking, and listening. Algebra, Geometry, and Statistics are integrated throughout the course and strategic thinking skills are based on the CCSS.
Our goal is to prepare students for the rigors of critical thinking in an ever changing technological based world. One of the most important lessons students will learn is:
Math is not a spectator sport… that is YOU have to DO MATH to GET MATH!
Semester 1 Topics
1. Arithmetic to Algebra
2. Expressions and Equations
Semester 2 Topics
5. Exponents and Functions
6. Statistics and Fitting Lines
7. Introduction to Geometry
8. Congruence Relationships
1. Be on-time, on-task, and prepared to learn every day.
• Paper, pencil, scientific calculator.
2. Personal electronics for educational purposes only.
3. Be responsible for your own learning.
• Be active and involved in discussions.
• Follow directions and pay attention.
• Focus and think for yourself.
4. Respect the teacher(s), the classroom, and other students.
High expectations will be set in order to achieve SUCCESS. Students are expected to attend class daily, be prepared with class materials, have completed homework, and be able to collaborate with pairs and groups. Students will need to be able to communicate effectively through speaking and writing.
• Participate in class by taking notes, working with a pair or a group, raising your hand to give an answer or a thought.
• Will be given daily and collected daily. Check website for details at rscott1.educatorpages.com .
• If you have homework questions, I will go over a few before collecting the homework. If you have multiple questions, then you will need to come to tutoring with your questions.
• Will be graded on completeness and effort. Partial credit is earned for assignments turned in late.
• Quizzes will be given weekly. Tests will be given at the end of a chapter.
• There is one test retake available, per semester, to any student who scored less than a 75%. The maximum grade that can be earned on a test retake is a 75%.
• There are test corrections available for every chapter test. You will need to follow the Test Corrections Procedures completely to be eligible for 1/3 of the missed points to be issued back to the original test grade.
The semester academic grade is cumulative. Points will be accumulated throughout the semester by the following percentage values:
Chapter Tests/Final 50%
A 89.5-100%, B 79.5-89.4%, C 69.5-79.4%, D 59.5-69.4%, F 0-59.4%
Citizenship grades are determined by behavior, tardies, class participation, homework completion, and self-responsibility in general.